Welcome to our Horse Basic Series -
Buying that Perfect Horse
Arrange for a private session for you, your family, or a small group – for this topic or any topic in the Horse Basics Series. We will provide you with a Horse Hunting Checklist that will help you organize your search; avoid pitfalls; and assist you in buying a horse that is appropriate for you, your riding style, your experience level, and your event or discipline.
In addition to reviewing the checklist, we will answer specific questions you might have about:
- What kind of horse would meet your needs?
- Deciding on your experience level.
- Deciding on your sport or event before going horse hunting.
- What should you look for in a GOOD horse.
- Where to find an appropriate horse.
- How much to pay for a good horse.
- Getting basic instruction before going horse hunting.
- Do you need to get a Pre-Purchase Veterinary Examination?
- Before you make the final payment – including registering your horse within your state
- Common problems and mistakes of horse buying
We also have available a Horse Valuation Form to help you estimate approximately how much to pay for a good horse that is right for you. Depending upon the Horse Hunting Checklist review time and questions, your customized session might last 3 – 6 hours. Contact us to make arrangements.
|Barnes Ranch does not take commissions for buying or selling a horse.
Our hourly fees cover specific services that we do for you, but not a percentage of the purchase or sale price of your horse.
“I would have been part of the 60% of first time owners to give up in the first year had I not taken these classes. Instead I’m hoping it will be a lifetime experience.” --Karen Artist
“Very thorough. You have thought of everything. This is the most wonderful series.” --Patt Kingsbury
“Covered everything and more. All material was excellent. Loved Gerrie’s enthusiasm. Beautiful location.” --Jane Collier
“Excellent, very useful information. Liked the anecdotes, examples and detail.” --Joanne Turner